Saturday 18 February 2012

Meera Says: Shoaib Akhtar proposed to my cousin and me on the same day.

Shoaib Akhtar and Meera
News by Geo News
We all know that in India, Bollywood and cricket have had a deep connection. Many of the cricketers have been in relationships with Bollywood actresses, some of which have culminated into holy matrimony.
It seems a similar situation prevails in Pakistan. We all knew that Veena Malik was once upon a time cricketer Shoaib Malik’s girlfriend. We also know that Wasim Akram is seeing actress Humaima. The latest is from the stables of controversial bowler Shoaib Akhtar. Actress Meera, who had a brief stint in Bollywood a few years back, has stated that she was seeing Akhtar two years ago.
The actress, who is now getting married to a US resident of Pakistani descendant, spoke to a daily and spilled the beans on her and Akhtar’s relationship.
"Two years ago the media spread rumours about my affair with Shoaib Akhtar, and I admit I was involved with him. However, Shoaib does not take his relationships seriously. He proposed to my cousin and me on the same day. He even hit me in front of TV staff. He is a man who wasted a year of my life and hurt me tremendously,” said Meera.
The actress further said, "Shoaib and I have been friends for quite some time. There was never a formal proposal and no talk of marriage. I no longer live in my past. As far as Shoaib is concerned, he has all my prayers."
When the same daily asked Shoaib about the same, the cricketer denied the news and said, "This is totally baseless. Why should I have proposed to her? Just don`t give any importance to this. Many women dream of marrying me."
Meera had earlier accused filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt of slapping her only to backtrack later and call him her mentor and guide. And now with Shoaib denying their relationship, will Meera again come up with a clarification? We shall have to wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.